Install high security locks
Deter would be thieves and burglars by making more difficult for them to enter your home and business. While no lock is 100% effective from a determined professional burglar, most are just looking for easy targets with lax security. Give CallOrange Locksmith of Ahwatukee a call today for residential and commercial locksmith service to upgrade your locks, rekey, make new keys, and more. We can install deadbolts, mortise locks, keyless door locks, and more.
What are high security locks?
High security locks can be a broad term but are generally defined as “locks that provide increased resistance to compromise.” The following are general characteristics of these locks as outline and referenced from LockWiki:
- Restrictive Keyways – The use of complex keyways to make it harder to insert and maneuver tools within the lock and be able to pick the lock.
- Key Control – The ability to control and limit the duplication and distribution of keys for a lock by having key bows and warding patterns that are patent protected to prevent unauthorized duplication. Keys to high security locks generally require a security card or code and require a specialized key cutting machine.
- Key Differs – High security locks traditionally offer a very high number of real and theoretical key differs to prevent cross keying and allow for complex master keying configurations.
- Manipulation Resistance – Most high-security locks have components designed to resist manipulation from lockpicking and decoding attacks.
- Destructive/Forced Entry Resistance – All high-security locks use strong materials and designs that make them resistant to destructive entry techniques.
While a lot of lock you may purchase at your local hardware store may claim to be “high-security” it’s recommended that you check the security rating of the lock. If you’re not sure of you lock security rating you can talk to one of our locksmith technicians and they can help make sure you are getting a lock that is truly a high security lock.